Go to AO3 and list your top ten fics in terms of hit count (via apiphile)
- ancient lying underneath [the weak as iron remix] - BBC's Sherlock. It's not tagged with any major pairings, but it's about the fan favorites, for a pretty popular fandom, and it's a fest fic that got recced around a bit, so I guess that explains it. (I'm also kind of proud of it, though I'm not sure it's justified.)
- The View from Up Here - X-Men: First Class. Tagged with the fandom's favorite pairing, written and posted early in the fic explosion, and got recced on Tumblr by gyzym because it arose out of a conversation with her; she is the BNF in this fandom as far as I can tell. So that explains it. It's also ridiculous self-indulgent id-fic written on an evening when I was slightly loopy, and doesn't really deserve the attention.
- Five Sharp Points [The Healing Remix] - Firefly. Another fest fic, for the same fest, and I think it might have gotten recced once too? Interestingly, this has less than half the hits of the first two; I'm not sure what's up with that. It's decent in my opinion, but not super.
- Never Make Me Wonder - Homestuck. I am really, really surprised to see this on the list, to be honest; no fests, no BNFs, and it's one of my most recent fics, so it's had less time to attract hits. Evidently it's pretty good? It's centered on a fairly divisive character, but I think she has a lot of stans as well as the opposite.
- You've Seen How I Live - Inception. Ahh, both a fest fic (for an LJ-based fest, however, unlike Remix_Redux) and the fandom's darlings, but it's genderswap, and I guess there's less of an audience for femmeslash epics. Still, it's pretty darn high on the list. This fic could probably be a lot better, but I am still quite happy with it overall, not least because it was sort of a milestone for me.
- What Might Be Left to Say In Time Come After Death - Homestuck. I guess this fandom really does live on the AO3 to an extent. To be honest, I really like this one; it's definitely gratifying that it's gotten some attention. Interestingly, I think it's got a higher kudos count than anything but Never Make Me Wonder; evidently I write better Homestuck fic than anything else. (How much that's saying is up to the reader.)
- War Without End - X-Men: First Class. Also posted during the fandom's height (which may still be going on? I don't know, I found I didn't have enough enthusiasm for the source to grapple with its issues, and then got drawn into Homestuck). It's lady-centric and short; also, not my best.
- With Thanks to Apollo - Inception. This one is ALL LADIES, and has also been remixed twice, which probably got it quite a bit of attention. It's not a masterpiece, but I think I pretty much achieved what I was trying to achieve, and it was an interesting experiment in an outsider POV.
- Neurons of Murderous Dancers - Inception & Black Swan. I am really, really pretty damn proud of this fic, and Black Swan is a pretty small fandom, which drew it some positive atteention, I think, and I guess the premise interests people? It was originally posted over here, and the amount of attention on this end redefines 'flattering.'
- Drift - Narnia (bookverse). I... have no idea what this one is doing on the list. I thought it wasn't a very big fandom, and it's a really short fic. I guess the Susan Problem is a popular subject?