  5. The actual purpose of this post - I'm currently writing a bit of origfic and beating my head endlessly against the wall in terms of plot, because I have two characters, I have vague hints of a world, I have a dynamic between said characters that I kind of love, but I'm not one hundred percent sure what they do for a living or how they fit into their world or what is actually going to happen in this story (that needs to be a) shortish and b) done by tomorrow.) So. ARGHHH. Also their dynamic is sort of stable, meaning that even if I get an action-plot there will still be nowhere emotional for the story to go. I have a couple of ideas for both, but the problem is that I can't start writing them because they feel like a total cop-out. It's frustrating.

Date: 2011-07-20 02:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] wake-the-dragon.livejournal.com
So Homestuck is good then? I've started reading it but haven't been that impressed yet, though maybe I'll like it more when I get to the Trolls. Does it get better?

Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was fantastic (until the epilogue, but I'm still bitter about the epilogue so take that with a grain of salt).

I feel your pain about your orignial fiction. I hate when I have an idea for a fic, start writing it and all I can come up with are random scenes, which is happening to me a lot more right now. Grr. (Though I'm hoping my love for Dragon Age 2 will break me out of it.)

Date: 2011-07-20 02:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sour-idealist.livejournal.com
It gets good well before the trolls! (Which is good, as they take a long-ass time to show up in person.) It's kind of a gradual progression, but I'd say things are cooking along by the time act 3 gets going. But yes, the beginning is definitely not as good as the later parts. Where are you just now?

I liked the epilogue in the beginning, and thought it was nice here but a little bit extraneous - the last moment with the three of them on the bridge really finished things. The rest was handled by and large well, though (although to my disappointment, I really didn't like how they handled the Harry/Ginny. And I ship that, so...)

Good luck! I'll just... keep wrestling, I guess.