This would, I think, work better if I had more icons. If we share a fandom for which you have icons, use said icon and I might write something based on that as well?

Date: 2011-07-01 04:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] silver-sandals.livejournal.com
Omg, Mystique icon! My life needs more Mystique right now.

Rather Do Without - 1/1 [Double drabble]

Date: 2011-07-01 05:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sour-idealist.livejournal.com
Gleefully interpreting this as a request! Also, you can swipe the icon if you like and have the space - just credit. Totally understand if you don't want it, though.

She stops thinking of herself as Raven almost by accident, somewhere between the beach and eight months later when she stares at Charles across the smoking remains of a car. He whispers "Raven?" as if he somehow didn't sense her coming, legs crumpled underneath him - and God, she didn't know, she left him and she didn't know - and overlaying the panic and the guilt, she shudders. Not me, that's not me, and she doesn't know why.

"Mystique!" Angel calls over the trees, swoops down and stretches out her hands; Mystique reaches upwards and clings to Angel's waist, careful of her wings, and the two of them zip free. Azazel will have got the others safe by now.

Mystique doesn't look back. She doesn't know why.

That night she curls up on the hotel bed and glimpses herself in the mirror, traces the patterns of scales on the side of her neck with a shaky, still-shy smile, and realizes that she doesn't miss anything or anyone except Charles, and she doesn't miss him nearly as much as she thought she would.

It's a little bit frightening, but she hasn't stopped smiling, and she isn't faking it for anyone either.

Re: Rather Do Without - 1/1 [Double drabble]